On September 24th, PANORAMED Strategic Project BLUE BIO MED will be launched
BLUE BIO MED is one of the two recently launched strategic projects funded under Interreg MED Axis 4 on Governance (PANORAMED) that focuses on blue bioeconomy. The project promotes the transformation of Mediterranean blue bioeconomy field toward Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through innovation.
It gathers 11 partners from Italy, Croatia, Greece, Slovenia, Spain, Montenegro, France, Malta and Portugal including research centers, science and technology institutes, innovation agencies, national and regional public authorities as well as a network of regions/interest groups:
· ART-ER S. cons. p. a. – Attrattività Ricerca Territorio Emilia-Romagna (ART-ER) (lead partner)
· Area Science Park Trieste (AREA)
· Ruđer Bošković Institute (RBI)
· National Centre for Scientific Research Demokritos (NCSR)
· Technology Park Ljubljana Ltd.(TPLJ)
· Center for Agro-Food Economics and Development (CREDA)
· Junta de Andalucía - Regional Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fishing and Sustainable Development (CSJA)
· Innovation and Entrepreneurship Centre Tehnopolis (IPC Tehnopolis)
· Conference of peripheral maritime regions of Europe (CPMR)
· Malta Council for Science and Technology (MCST)
· Directorate General for Maritime Policy of the Ministry of the Sea of Portugal (DGPM)
BLUE BIO MED intends to develop a governance model of innovation policies to tackle complex challenges and will test the innovative approach through policy experiments triggering the cooperation of the quadruple helix stakeholders for interregional innovation investments.
The project will be an open platform for an inclusive co-design process with the wider innovation community promoting a bottom-up MED Innovation Alliance for blue bioeconomy to streamline multiple efforts and initiatives around the Mediterranean. It will support the start-up of the Alliance to boost the Mediterranean leadership in transformative innovation of the blue economy.
The project’s (online) kick-off meeting will take place on 24 September 2020. It will be the opportunity for partners to agree on the internal functioning of the project and plan activities ahead.